Google Ads and Facebook Ads are currently some of the most popular advertising systems in the world. Using their capabilities, you will effectively promote your services or products and then scale your business and earn more. However, is everything as simple as it seems? Unfortunately, no. Before you start advertising on Google or Facebook, you should consider the banned Google Ads and Facebook Ads industries in 2023. This will help you avoid temporary or even permanent blocking of your advertising account in a particular promotional system. We encourage you to read!
- 1 Google Ads and Facebook Ads - what can't be advertised and what types of ads are heavily restricted?
- 2 Advertising of aesthetic medicine services and the law in Poland - how does it look in practice?
- 3 What are the banned Google Ads and Facebook Ads industries in 2023? - summary
- 4 FAQ - the most common questions and answers [Zakazane branże Google Ads i Facebook Ads 2023]
Google Ads and Facebook Ads - what can't be advertised and what types of ads are heavily restricted?
Considering Google and Meta's advertising policies, as well as current market standards, at least 7 banned Google Ads and Facebook Ads industries can be listed. Below are the details.
1. spyware and tools to monitor others
Advertising spyware and tools for monitoring others is strictly prohibited in order to prevent abuse, and illegal practices.
Example: An advertisement for a mobile application that allows illegal eavesdropping on other people's phone calls or monitoring their online activity.
2. adult content (+18)
Advertising platforms have strict rules on advertising such content for the sake of protecting minors and preventing inappropriate content for a specific audience.
Example: Advertising for a website offering prostitution services or selling pornography.
3. illegal services
Advertising drugs and firearms is not only unethical and incompatible with Facebook Ads and Google Ads systems, but also leads to serious legal consequences. The ban on advertising such services is aimed at combating illegal activities and protecting consumers.
Example: Advertising for a website that offers drug sales or instructions related to making atomic bombs.
4. unfair business practices
Advertisements using unfair business practices mislead consumers, manipulate information and create "unhealthy" market competition. The bans are designed to promote fairness, transparency and a level playing field for all businesses.
Example: Advertising the sale of fake testimonials or reviews. This involves, for example, selling reviews on Google.
5. selling counterfeit products
Advertising fake products is not only unfair to consumers, but can also damage the reputation of brands and lead to financial losses for buyers. The ban on advertising counterfeit and fake products aims to protect consumers from inauthentic and potentially dangerous products.
Example: Advertising for an online store that sells counterfeits of well-known brands of watches or handbags.
6. violence and dangerous content
Promoting violence is irresponsible and socially harmful by depraving society.
Example: An advertisement for a service that provides footage of animals and humans being beaten or tortured.
7. promoting academic fraud and advertising false documents
Writing dissertations for money and advertising fake IDs are absolutely prohibited by Google and Meta. Any such violation leads to the blocking of the advertising account or its restriction.
Example: Advertising for a company offering to sell fake diplomas or provide undergraduate thesis writing services for money.
Advertising of aesthetic medicine services and the law in Poland - how does it look in practice?
Advertising of aesthetic medicine services in Poland is allowed, while it is subject to specific legal restrictions. Main principles:
- The content of aesthetic medicine services must contain the truth,
- Promises cannot be guaranteed to the customer,
- All side effects should be mentioned.
In addition, the advertisement should be aimed only at adults (over 18 years of age).
What are the banned Google Ads and Facebook Ads industries in 2023? - summary
To sum up, in Google Ads and Facebook Ads you cannot advertise:
- Illegal substances, drug regulations, legal highs;
- online casinos, betting shops and lotteries;
- Firearms, ammunition, military equipment;
- piracy, illegal software, financial services;
- abortions, fake drugs, illegal medical procedures;
- explosives, hacking tools, hacking services;
- cigarettes, cigars and other smoking paraphernalia;
- illegal collection of personal data, spyware;
- prostitution, human trafficking, illegal sex work;
- offensive, vulgar and racist content.
The bans on Google Ads and Facebook Ads also cover all kinds of financial scams, including pyramid schemes (MLM), fake investments and loans from non-bank institutions (excluding parabanks).
However, keep in mind that Google Ads and Facebook Ads advertising policies differ depending on the specific region. For example - the promotion of alcoholic beverages is allowed in more than 60 countries (e.g. Japan, Italy, Canada, Chile and Albania). In Poland, we can't even promote "zero" beer.
FAQ - the most common questions and answers [Zakazane branże Google Ads i Facebook Ads 2023]
Here are the most common questions and answers about the banned Google Ads and Facebook Ads industries in 2023.
1. is it possible to advertise non-alcoholic beer in Poland?
Advertising of non-alcoholic beer in Google Ads and Facebook Ads is prohibited. Despite the fact that it often manages to be made available, Google developers and Facebook administrators will impose display restrictions on it within 72 hours of official distribution.
2. what are the banned Google Ads and Facebook Ads industries in 2023?
Currently, spyware and tools for monitoring others cannot be advertised in Google Ads and Facebook Ads. The bans also include adult content, illegal services, fraudulent business practices, the sale of fake products, violence and dangerous content, and the promotion of academic fraud and the advertising of false documents.